Lordy, it's hot. No brewing going on here. No way.
But here we are a couple of weeks south of the famed Who's the Arrogantest Bastard contest. This was part of a much larger pig-roasting-with-ten-or-so-homebrewers-and-their-wives-children-and-other-hangers-on type weekend this summer. It's taken me this long to recover, and I'm still not sure if I'm all here or not.
In case you didn't get it from the last post, the idea was to see who among a loosely incorporated group of gaijin brewers here in Japan could come up with 1) the nearest replica of a Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard Ale, or 2) the best tasting attempt. My entry was waaay off the mark, and got a rousing thumbs down as you can see in the video below, but I'll just say that what I came up with was a 'happy accident' in that it gave me a great idea for a forth-coming brown ale, which I will produce this coming fall or winter. Stay tuned!
Here's a lil vid to give you a feel for the mayhem that was the day in question.
Jes, it was a long and wonderful day, filled with drinking and pig roasting. More media is sure to come, if I can only beat this heat and be bothered to upload it. Don't know if I'll make it though... Lordy it's hot.
Who uses a portable tankless water heater to heat mash water
-
I have been using a portable propane tankless water heater to heat my mash
water for about 10 years now. I originally had a Marey brand that worked
perfect...
Jes! Everybody speaks... I love beer people!
ReplyDelete